Smoked Ostrich Meatloaf
1 Cup breadcrumbs
1 Cup almond milk
1/2 Cup chopped onion
1/2 Teaspoon ground sage
3 Teaspoons salt
2 Teaspoons black pepper
1 Teaspoon garlic powder
3 eggs, beaten
1 Pound ground ostrich
1 Pound ground ostrich with duck fat
1. When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 225℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
2. Combine breadcrumbs, milk, onion, sage, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add beaten eggs. Add both ground ostrich and ground ostrich with duck fat, mix well. Form mixture into a loaf, packing tightly.
3. Transfer the meatloaf to a wire rack and place on the grill. Cook for 2 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160℉.
4. Use your favorite sauce for the glaze. Apply to the meatloaf during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
5. Let meatloaf rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Approximately 6 servings.