Ostrich Filets 6oz or 8oz
1. Unpackage thawed filets and pat dry.
2. Coat filets lightly with extra virgin olive oil and season with your favorite steak seasoning (I like to use Prime Rib Rub by Excalibur).
3. Place on preheated pellet smoker at 180 degrees.
4. Smoke until filets reach internal temp of 100 degrees, remove from smoker and place in a 400 degree cast iron skillet with a little olive oil, butter, and minced garlic.
5. Sear each side of filet rotating and basting with butter and garlic until desired internal temperature of 125-130 degrees for medium rare.
6. Remove from skillet and let rest for 5 minutes and enjoy.